David “Knife” Fabris
Dave Fabris: Resume
Bachelor of Music (jazz and third stream concentration), 1990
The New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA
College Teaching Experience
Adjunct Instructor of Music
2005 to 2015
Saint Thomas Aquinas College, Sparkill, NY
Adjunct Instructor of Music
2001 to 2016
Passaic County Community College, Paterson, NJ
Instructor of Guitar
1991 to 2000
Boston University, Boston, MA
1995 to 2000
Teaching Assistant for Summer Program
1990 to present
New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA
Other Teaching Experience
Rock Band Instructor
2015 to present
Young At Arts, Bronxville, NY
Instructor of Guitar and Ensemble Coach
2001 to 2017
Woodside Music Studio, Park Ridge, NJ
Founding Director and Instructor
1996 to present
Fabulous School of Music, Danvers, MA
Summary of Related Experience
Freelance musician performing at the 1991 and 1995 Clinton Presidential Inaugural Balls and on Entertainment Tonight with Mudsole New Orleans Brass and Banjo Ensemble.
Appeared at the 2005 Tribeca New Music Festival in New York City with Impetus, a modern chamber group and at jazz festivals in Sevilla, Spain; Guimaraes, Portugal; Antwerp, Belgium; Bordeaux and Perigueux, France with pianist Ran Blake.
Also performed with the experimental big band Pittsburgh Collective; Bernie Worrell's Woo Warriors; and G.U.T., an experimental jazz group.
Performed in 2008 Pillowfight Theater festival (NYC) with Leslie Gore.
Music Transcriber and shareholder - UnitedWeTab.com 2009-2011.
Publications and Recordings
- Blake, Ran (2015). On Ghost Tones [CD]. USA: A-Side Records.
- Lettuce Prey [CD] (2014). France: Great Winds Records.
- Vilnius Noir [LP] (2011). Lithuania: NoBusiness Records.
- Blake, Ran (2011). [Producer]. Grey December [CD]. USA: Tompkins Square Records.
- Primacy of the Ear [book] (2010). [Contributor].
- Pittsburgh Collective (2007). On Live at the Knitting Factory [CD]. USA: Oxingale Records.
- Blake, Ran/Fabris, David (2005). On Indian Winter [CD]. Italy: Soul Note Records.
- Blake, Ran (2000). [Guitarist: David Fabris]. On Silver Noir [CD]. Switzerland: Hatology Records.
- Blake, Ran (1999). [Guitarist, Composer: David Fabris]. On Something to Live For [CD]. Switzerland: Hatology Records.
Highly skilled and diverse background as a performer of guitar, banjo and bass; accomplished instructor of guitar and ensemble coach; solid experience in administration, supervision, negotiation, problem-solving and critical judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; at ease in unstructured academic environments where initiative and creativity are encouraged; comfortable as part of a creative team; strong computer background and experience with IBM-PCs and compatible software.
Music Teachers National Association (member)